Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eagle's Nest


I was praying for my home a few mornings ago, for God's protection of it as a place of rest and restoration for my new guests from the street.  Right away I saw an image of a nest and little birdlings, nestlings.  It was an eagle's nest.  And it was an eagle who was tending those nestlings.


God Himself was their eagle protector and provider, and they are His nestlings- receivers of His goodness and His strength.  The eagle builds her nest high, high up... on the side of a cliff where no one can reach, and no harm can come to her nestlings.


Then I went to Psalm 91 and it says "He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings."


That's the image. The eagle protecting, shielding, providing for his nestlings.  


My house now has a name: The Eagle's Nest. And Psalm 91 is my  refuge and strength.  "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High, find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  He will cover you with His feathers, He will shelter you with His wings."




Psalm 91: 14-16   "Because you love Me, I will deliver you.  
I will protect those who trust in My name.  
When they call on me, I will answer. I will be with them in trouble. 
I will rescue and honor them. 
I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation."







1 comment:

Let Love Grow said...

Truly love that name... perfect. :-)